The Lord Mayor’s Engagements Included:
*Receiving Her Majesty The Queen as she arrived at St Paul’s Cathedral for the funeral of Baroness Thatcher. This was the first time the ‘mourning sword’ had been used since 1965 at the funeral of Sir Winston Churchill.
* Hosting lunches with the Lord Mayors of Westminster and Kensington & Chelsea.
* A lunch at Mansion House in honour of the new Archbishop of Canterbury, following the confirmation of his election at St Paul’s Cathedral.
* A full range of civic engagements, at which the Lord Mayor set out the City’s tradition of philanthropy;
* A dinner to mark the 550th anniversary of the Ironmongers’ Company.
* Speaking at a large number of business engagements, on countries he will be visiting, such as Nigeria, Japan, as well as EU partners such as Poland. The Taioseach of Ireland also spoke at a conference at Mansion House.
* Musical events, in aid of the Lord Mayor’s Appeal, including a concert at St Bartholomew the Great and a concert on the Coronation Organ at Mansion House.
* Hosted a breakfast during ‘Responsible Business Week’, an initiative run by Business in the Community, which provided the Lord Mayor with an opportunity to promote the role of the City in developing social investment, apprenticeships, and supporting the rest of the economy.