In March 100 people attended the first calving event at the Merlewood Estate Office, Coulsdon Common. Twelve new calves were on show which will go to Farthing Downs and New Hill in the spring. Children made arts and crafts, and sat on the tractor, while rangers and volunteers talked about how the commons are managed. Upcoming events include:
- 8 April: Clean for the Common: volunteers help clean their local common.
- 14 April: Easter trail for children on Kenley Common with clues and rewards.
- 14 April: Night-time Family Bat Walk on Kenley Common. Use detectors to hear the bats and see them swoop.
- 17 April: Easter trail for children on Coulsdon Common with clues and rewards.
- 30 April: Breakfast with birds on Coulsdon Common, experience the dawn chorus.